1 Skills development ~ Prototype productions

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Skills development

REBECCA
Throughout this experience I have learned a number of things.

First of all it helped me a lot socially, I learned how to work within a team and not just by myself.
Working in a team meant we had to be considerate about the other members of your group. We had think about each others ideas and how we can all contribute to the products using our individual strengths rather than just bickering because we cant agree with each other. So this of course meant we had to be patient with each other and communicate constantly whether it was by phone or internet. Organisation and time management was also important. When meeting up to do work together we had to think about whether one of us had Work that day or whether they was busy for personal reasons so we would try work around that. 

I also learned more about using camera's. I knew a little from my first year of media when making a music magazine but i found out when it come to making these product there was actually a lot i didn't know. I learned about the aperture and exposure and how that helps with the light, and how important light is when taking photographs. 
My skills also developed in Photoshop. I had previously used Photoshop in As but i wasn't very good. fortunately a member of the group was very skilled in Photoshop and helped us all to develop our skills. I also looked at some tutorials on Youtube. 
I also learned how to use final cut pro, but with this I only learned the basics. I knew how to cut and erase and also how to move shots around but this was it as most of the editing was done by another member of the group. 
when editing the trailer i learned how to play around with sound when adding a soundtrack to the trailer. Sound i found was quite time consuming especially when trying to sync sound effects together with the trailer. For example when our victim was running we were trying to sync footsteps with it but in the end we did not follow through with it. 


BERRY

After spending nearly half a year on my A2 coursework i have gained and developed many skills. In the video displayed above i list and explain 8 of them.


HOALIE
Throughout the year I feel that I have learnt many new thing and developed a wide range of new skills that will help me in the future. 

Here is a list of programs and skills I have learnt while working on our A2 media project:

  • Final cut pro
  • Sound track pro
  • Adobe Photoshop
  • Editing
  • Web Design / HTML coding 
  • Photography
  • Filming
  • Lighting 
  • Make-up
  • Writing
  • Group Work/Communication
  • Research Skills
  • Organisation


I have learnt a lot editing using Final Cut Pro and Sound Track Pro, even though I did not do the editing for out trailer and only doing a bit of the sound editing, I spent time learning the program in class and at home by watching youtube videos and online tutorials which has given me greater knowledge of these two programs. Before the project started I was already very knowledgeable about Adobe Photoshop and knew how to use it, however I did learn how to use the program more efficiently and save time. I also learnt web design and HTML coding for our blogger site so that it looks more professional like a real film production site. I learnt how to change format and layout, put a slide show on the front, create drop down list and sub list and link post to the drop list.



I learned how to do horror make-up in the process as well. Although make-up was not part of my role in the  group I decided to learn it with the others just in case on the day of the filming the two who are the make-up artist in the group I would be the back-up person to do it, I learn how to do scabs and bruises. 

I feel that this experience has helped me a lot on my communication skills and team work.  We had to listen to each others opinions and ideas and work together to develop a final idea we all liked. We didn't only work during lesson times but also out of class by messaging and also using social networking sites such as facebook. My research and organisational skills has also improved, I learnt more efficient ways of getting research information such as using social networking sites to do surveys. I also organise and prioritise the work that needs to be done before each of our meetings.

Doing this project has also improved my photography and camera skills. I learned about the setting on the SLR cameras we used such as the exposure, shutter speed, aperture and also the different types of lenses and what they do. Compared to what I knew before the project, which were the basics of a SLR camera, my knowledge of the technical and practical side of a camera has improved greatly.

I also learnt a lot about lighting , different types of lighting and the ones most suitable for filming. Such as the worst time to film is at mid-day and the best time to film is dawn or dusk.

Overall this doing this coursework project has made a great impact for me personally as I have learned and experienced a lot this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment